Chief Jim

Tuesday, January 17, 2006



This is my first time tring this. Thought I would give it a try due to my sweetie that i just moved to IN that is going to Purdue Unv. for her last year of Vet school and my sister and family that does not live around me so that they could keep up with each other and not send out phone bills threw the roof.
I am the Chief of Leicester Volunteer Fire Department in Leicester NC. We are a combination Department with 7 Full Time people 2 per shift 24/48 and myself Monday - Friday. and 13 Part timers. We also have 24 Volunteers. I started this postion in April 2005 after working for the fire dept for 4 years.
I have been in the fire service since 1991 and EMS since 1988. I hold NC Firefighter II, NC Firefighter Level I and II Instructor, NC EMT-Intermediate along with several other certifactions.
I am a member of the NC National Gaurd I hold the rank of Staff SGT with the 211th M.P. Co that is in Clyde NC. I have a total of 17 1/2 years in the military. I have served in Afgan and Iraq snce 9/11/01. my primary mos is military police and i hold a secondary as a combat medic.
I am orgaally from Ct and grew up mostly there except a few stops in Fla, NC, SC and then Back to Ct till 1991 when I moved back to NC to be closer to my dad.
I have several hobbies that i like doing hiking, camping, letterboxing, and working on my family history to name a few.
I have a 10 year old son name Brett that is the joy of my life. I enjoy every minute that I get to spend with him. He also enjoys Letterboxing and goes by the name of Bratt the Trail Rat. He got Btatt from his grandfather that had called him Bratt instead of Brett and Paula started calling him Trail Rat while letterboxing at the Tarheel gatjering this last Oct cause he was up and down the trail looking for the boxs.
well you are probably tired of reading my short blog. And i am still tired from my long drive on monday. So its bed time

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Doc P said...

That's my boy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home